Offering Consultation With Hands On Support
For Canadian Counsellors
Therapists Need Assistance, Not Just Assessments.
For years I’ve provided support to therapists and clinic owners in advertising, social media management, and administration. If there is one thing I’ve learned, it’s that you give SO MUCH to your clients and practice. Many of you are parents or primary caregivers, and carry the financial load of your household. You do this while also being a full-time therapist on your own, or while managing a counselling clinic along with seeing clients. The pressure is real and there is only so much time in the day.
I want you to know that I understand. As someone who works for Psychologists, Registered Psychotherapists, Counselling Therapists, Social Workers, and Registered Clinical Counsellors, it’s obvious to me how much heart you put into your career. I see your struggles, I see how much you care, the time you give and how little you have left at the end of some days.
You need more than just the knowledge of what improvements have to be done for your therapy practice, you need support with making those changes. That’s why I offer hands-on collaboration along with my consultation because your time is limited and precious.
Consulting For Individual Private Practice Therapists and Group Practice Owners in Canada
You might have started a private practice or therapy clinic a few years ago and filled your schedule without issue (one of the upsides of the pandemic). Now things are changing, more clients want in-person counselling again, and you may not want to go back to the office (or you might not be able to find an affordable space). There are also more therapists graduating than ever before, and it’s simply not as easy to get clients.
Some Of The Consultation Support Offered:
- Psychology Today: If none of your therapists have videos for their Psychology Today profiles, connect me with them and I’ll record the videos over Zoom, and edit them.
- Website assessment: Spotting general improvements, ease of use, SEO tweaks, images that need updating and checking that there are no spelling errors.
- Website updates: No time to update your website copy? I’ve been a specialized copywriter for over 10 years and I’m happy to polish up your content, source photos, or add more pages as needed.
- Advertising support: Want to try Google Ads, but feel overwhelmed by the idea of meeting alone with the company you choose to have do your ads? I’ll meet with you to make sure they are using the best practices (I used to create Google Ads myself).
- Practical advice: For decisions on things like what client management software you should you (Jane App vs Owl Practice).
- Associate recruitment: If you need new associates to your clinic, I’ll help you write the job posting and even pre-screen your candidates.
- Online security best practices: Let’s make sure you are follow privacy best practices, and that both your business and your patients are protected.
- More support is offered: please reach out if you don’t see what you need on this list.
Are You Ready For More Clients And Less Time Sitting In Front Of The Computer?
Support For Private Practice Therapists & New and Existing Group Practice Owners
Starting your private practice or counselling clinic is something that school just doesn’t properly prepare you for. If you are struggling with making decisions around important aspects of your business, you aren’t alone. When I consult with therapists, they often have a lot of questions that they aren’t finding clear answers for.
You may be searching for answers in Facebook groups, at case consultations, or you’re talking your significant other’s ear off trying to get to the bottom of things. Talking to someone who knows your industry, but that isn’t in competition with you, can take the pressure off and help you decide what choices are right for you.
Questions for therapists starting a private practice often look like:
- Is starting my own private practice even worth it?
- Should I join an agency or someone else’s group practice?
- Should I pay for advertising?
- Do I really need a social media presence?
- How much should a website cost?
- Is my rate set too high or too low?
- What should my cancellation policy look like?
- Do I need to hire a lawyer to create a consent form?
Common questions if you’re starting a group practice are:
- Is starting a group practice the right decision for me?
- How do I attract and keep good associates at my counselling clinic?
- How do I get clients for my associates?
- Should I take on an intern?
- How do I use Google ads?
- Do advertisements on social media work?
- When can I expect to make more money than I did in private practice??
Consultation & Support
for Canadian Mental Health Professionals
If you are trying to decide what step in business is right for you, I am here to have a candid conversation about how life may look for you in different roles within your industry. There are many roads that a therapist can walk, my goal is to make sure that you pick the path that has the right pace for your life.
Interested in learning more? Connect with me through the contact form below.